UCLA Alumni Affairs values the commitment made to scholarship recipients. To renew your Alumni Scholarship you are expected to perform service for UCLA Alumni Affairs, UCLA and the Los Angeles community. Through your service, you get involved in campus events and organizations, increasing your connection to the University.
Requirements for Scholarship Renewal
- Scholars must be offically enrolled at UCLA and maintaining a minimum of 12 academic units.
- Scholars must be in good academic standing and meet the expected cumulative progress measures as deemed by the University.
- Scholars must complete a minimum of 30 service hours by May 21, 2018.
- Scholars may not recieve payment, work study, or school credit for service hours.
- A minimum of 10 service hours must be completed through a UCLA-affiliated sponsor.
- Service hours must be logged through your online ASC account within two weeks of completion of the service. Scholars should check to make sure their submissions were approved by an ASC director shortly after.
- Scholars must attend a minimum of 1 scholarship renewal event throughout the school year (E.g. Interview With a Bruin, Scholar Report, etc. ).
Questions about scholarship renewal can be directed to the Alumni Scholars Club Director, George Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni Scholars are expected to be involved in campus events and organizations, increase their connections to the university, build their leadership skills at UCLA and stay involved with UCLA as alumni.
Scholars should notify the Alumni Scholarships Program Director of any changes to University attendance. This includes studying abroad, graduting early, and taking a leave of absence.
Failure to meet any of the aforementioned requirements may lead to delayed and/or denied scholarship disbursement.